Thursday 14 June 2012

Striped summer skirt


There is something about striped summer skirts. They remind me of carefree, sun filled days on the beach, cool drinks and happy conversations. That’s exactly what I was thinking when I spotted this 100% cotton skirt during one of my bargain hunting trips. For $2 it was mine in an instant and ready to be transformed.



The skirt had a draw string at the waist which meant I didn’t have to make any adjustments. The only thing I didn’t like about the skirt was the length and the slight A-shape of it.  The length was easy to change; I just measured the fabric to the desired length and cut it straight. I left the end of the skirt unhemmed as the fabric naturally rolls up giving it a nice casual look.




The A shape of the skirt was also easy to alter. I used chalk to mark the desired shape and then I sewed it along the mark. Before I cut off the excess fabric I tried it on to make sure I was happy with the width. I cut the remaining fabric off and finished off the ends. The skirt ended up having a nice semi-tight fit that still is comfortable to wear.




I really like this skirt; easy to wear, eye-catching and brings a beach feel to my city outings. You can’t beat that :)




                                           


No comments:

Post a Comment