Monday 4 March 2013

Bathroom floor tile - Dark grey or light?

I love the look of grey floor tiles in bathrooms. I was set on getting a dark grey tile and we brought home a sample porcelain tile from Home Depot. I liked the tile, but after living with it for a couple of days, I realized that it just didn’t work in our small bathroom. The dark colour shrank our bathroom and made the floor look much smaller. See what I mean? 

(Cinnamon loves to hang out with me while I am doing my reno planning).


I realized that I had to keep searching and look for a lighter shade of grey. We went to the The Tile Store and I absolutely fell in love with it. The selection of tiles is incredible. There is a large room packed with porcelain tiles that look absolutely identical to stone tiles. I love porcelain tiles because they require no sealing/maintenance, come in beautiful colours, are affordable and are a more sustainable choice. 

It didn’t take us long to find our tile. Actually, Misha pointed it out as soon as we walked in the store. When I first saw it, I loved it but I thought a darker shade might be closer to my vision. We searched through the whole tile selection but kept going back to it.  We ended up ordering it and I know we made the right decision. It’s a beautiful semi-polished light grey porcelain tile. It is on the pricier side at $7.16/sq feet, but luckily we only need a few to cover our small bathroom floor.  We can afford to splurge this time.

Our final choice - the top tile on the right

Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment